Saturday, September 27, 2008

SHHH! Don't tell anyone I'm here!

Turns out that I'm deserted in some Sony Store in a suburbian boston outlet mall. That's how it works. You visit a distant relative's place, and the first thing you do when that happens is to hit the discount malls.

So what I did was hide myself way back in the Vaio laptop sections of this particular refurbished goods distributor, and logged in! Woot!

Plenty of neat stuff around me. There's a twenty-something looking up sports illustrated next to me, and on the other side of the display booth, a family is with a sales rep, who is desperate to make some sort of commission. He's being a little too agressive for my tastes, but I can only watch and laugh while seeing the family's reactions, trying to politely decline their way out of this poor man's pitch.

If the guy said "It comes with WoW installed, and free subscription for 12 months. Oh, and you get beta access for the expansion," I wouldn't feel bad for shoving the family aside and going "YES YES YES PLEASE."

Now the manager is giving me an evil eye from across the room.

No comments: