Tuesday, October 28, 2008

State of the Blog

Gee, it sure is getting cold up here in Sunny Canada. The days are shorter, the air is chillier, and work is getting a lot more demanding. And with NaNoWriMo coming up, I'm actually finding myself with a very crazy task of using whatever free time that I have after work to write and grind it out.

I'm quite sure that I'm not exactly looking forward to the expansion, not because of the content itself, but more along the lines of the sheer population and traffic. Considering that a.) even a week or so after the patch, my server is still qeueing up, and b.) Arygos was not listed as one of the Free Transfers that was announced by Blizzard, I expect traffic to shoot up drastically, making the experience more uncomfortable.

There are a few things to consider from here on out:

- How much time do I focus on NaNoWriMo?
- How much time will I get with my characters?
- How soon do I want to get to 80?
- Which characters get to 80 first?
- How many 80's do I want to have?

It's a myriad of questions to which I have hardly any answers, except:

- I really want to hit 50k words for NaNoWriMo.
- I want to go fast to 80, but as smoothly as possible (avoiding tagging contests).
- At the very least I want an 80 of each type of role (Mage, Druid, Death Knight).

From the looks of it, it seems that this schedule pinch that I'm in will result in a somewhat noticeable change in the way this blog is run. For the month of November, you will see a lot more of NaNoWriMo excerpts, which is completely fine by me.

That said, it doesn't mean that I will be completely ignoring WoW. But when Lich King does come out, watch the priority shift back and forth between Bashertin and whoever this new Death Knight will be when November passes. The title of this blog is indeed Frost is the New Black, so I want to really represent what it means to rain icy death, whether it be from a mage's perspective, or from a Death Knight perspective.

Does that mean that I will no longer be a mage guy? No way! It's probably more that I will not only be a Mage man, but hopefully a death knight dude as well. If anything, think of me as the Frost guy, as the blog suggests.

So, for the remainder of '08, get yourself a nice warm cup of coccoa, since things are about to get a lot colder. November will bring a really cool story along the likes of A Stab in the Dark, and December will unleash the full fury of frost! What is in store for Krizzlybear as he continues to hone his icy sorcery alongside learning from an unspoilered clean slate the ins and outs of death knighthood.

I truly look forward to it, and I surely hope you will do so as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait for lich king TBH.

SolidState said...

And with NaNoWriMo coming up

Say what?

krizzlybear said...

@solid:

NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month.

For the Month of November, I'm going to shut myself in a tiny room and try to write 50,000 words of a novel or novella. Since I want to keep blogging while keeping somewhat close to the theme of the blog, I'm going to make my story based on the WoW universe. I hope you enjoy it =D

SolidState said...

If you put it online, I promise to read it!

By the way I'm a fair hand at technical writing and proofreading, so if you need someone to check your writing for typos, I'll be glad to help a fellow mage :)