Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Five: Just Dinged 80 Edition

It has been a wierd few weeks over at Too Many Annas. New Laptops, New Year, New...Friday Five Guest Post? I'm quite sure that Matticus from World of Matticus can carry the torch quite well. And I'm quite happy to respond to this week's edition. In honor of achieving 80 seasons of sacrifice and dungeon-crawling with complete strangers, Let's put spotlight on Leyola Swiftwillow.


Congratulations, Leyola!

1. Last week, you state your New Year’s resolution for 2009. How do you plan on achieving your resolution?

Leyola: I suppose I ought to explain my resolution for this year, correct? Unfortunately, my resolution was to achieve 80 seasons of experience, but lo and behold, I completed my goal rather quickly. Okay then, I suppose now is an appropriate time to set another goal for this year. Hrm...Maybe I would like to lend my assistance to larger parties who aim to venture into more dangerous dungeons, such as the Obsidian Sanctum.



Oh wait, I've already done that? Well, forget this then! Elune knows what this year has in store for me and my friends, so I'll let her decide my fate. I'll try to be prepared for anything.

2. There is always a character defining moment that happens every year. For example, Mallet defied all odds and managed to take down Kil’Jaden but losing a precious Enhancement Shaman friend to the Twisting Nether as the cost. What event (tragedy or otherwise) do you foresee your character going through?

Leyola: Last year's defining moment did not necessarily involve myself, but my good friend Wimzig Wintersprug, whose life was taken away, only to be restored as a cold, calculating Death Knight. For the most part, he remains as whimsical as ever, but there was a part of him that was lost. I deeply care about him as a friend, and I forsee the possibility of helping restore what he lost.

Or perhaps, it will be I who will have to deal with his loss.

3. Like it or not, we’re all materialistic at heart. What is the one thing you plan on getting in the months ahead?

Leyola: I admit that there is no single item that I long to obtain...although, I would like to get my first piece of Dreamwalker garb. Wait, I did already? Why must elune mock me so!

More often than not, I find myself picking up things that do not appear to be of use at first, but become criticaly important later on.

For example, the Overcharged Capacitor that I had bought all the way back in November from a friend in the guild sat in my bag, rotting away until yesterday, when I finally turned it in at the Fizzcrank Airstrip for a quest. It just so happened that this particular quest put me over the top in experience, allowing me to reach my 80th season. How wonderful!

I would like to see myself getting something similar in the near future. I'm not sure what it's going to be exactly, but I hope to find out soon enough!

4. In times of hardship, it’s necessary for characters to diversify themselves in their skills. What sort of occupations would your characters involve themselves in (they don’t have to be actual professions)?

Leyola: Not long ago, I left the Argent Dawn on personal matters, particularly relating to Wimzig's death, as well as the events at Light's Hope Channel. I certainly wouldn't like to relive those moments, but apparently, there's no escaping fate, is there?

The Argent Dawn is now the Argent Crusade, and they're taking names up in Northrend. Perhaps it's only a matter of time before I enlist my services to them again. Besides, their tabard is quite elegant.

5. But hard work shouldn’t have to be backbreaking all the time. Your character needs to have fun once in a while. What hobbies would your character pick up?

Leyola: After having explored all of Northrend, traversing its many dungeons, meeting many people, I would like to go back to my roots, and finish exploring the rest of Azeroth. I would also like to observe the different species of flora that live on all corners of the world.

No comments: