Tuesday, July 29, 2008

/congrats!

A shoutout blog post today. I tend to notice that most posts that I write while I am at work (I'm totally going to get /kicked by my boss eventually, but that's the risk I take for being such a dedicated blogger), are less related to strategy or analysis and more to social aspects such as reaction to news or something that other people say in the blogosphere. This is usually because wowhead is blocked off from work (weird that blogger isn't blocked but wowhead is). BUt by golly, today is really no exception.

I listened to the Twisted Nether Blogcast this morning on the train ride to work, alongside the WoW Insider Show, that I listened most of the way through yesterday. But as it turns out, TNB has reached it's 10th blogcast, and quite a remarkable one because our very own Larisa of The Pink Pigtail Inn is featured for her wonderful piece using the metaphor of mana as a motivational drive to continue on in group-related activities, particularly raids.

So a big congrats to Lar and her wonderful work being featured on a show as big as TWB, and also a congrats to the TWB itself for becoming big enough to merit congrats to other blogs for being mentioned in the blogcast in the first place! (Whoa, did everyone get that?)

As it is, the TWB is on its 10th episode, and again congrats, but the funniest thing I heard in it was the fact that officially, the blogcast can now spend talent points in different blog talent trees. Well, Since I'm really bored today, I'm going to formulate a Talent Tree that they will hopefully help them as they level.

Like all Talent Trees, there are three talent schools to choose from. Since TNB is a blogcasting site, it would be most beneficial to spec deep Podcast spec. As such, I will only post the Podcast Talent Tree. Maybe If I reach 10 weeks of blogging, I'll make a blogging tree and spec deep into that tree myself. So without further delay, ahem:

TIER ONE TALENTS

Improved Podcast (5 ranks) - Reduces your Podcast time by 1/2/3/4/5 sec.

Shock and Awe (5 ranks) - Blogcast listeners have a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% chance to not be interrupted while listening to a Twisted Nether Blogcast.

TIER TWO TALENTS

Ignoring the Trolls (3 ranks) - Gives a chance to fully resist trolls by 20%/40%/60%.

Audacity Expertise (2 ranks) - Reduces the archive size of your mp3 samples by 15%/30%

TIER THREE TALENTS

Littered with Win (5 ranks, requires 3 points in Shock and Awe) - Improves the number of diggs given to your podcast, and increases the chance that someone will comment on iTunes by 10/20/30/40/50%.

Summon Blogger Elemental (1 rank) - Randomly summons a blogger from Blog Azeroth to be available for an interview on the next podcast if a guest has not yet been arranged.

TIER FOUR TALENTS

Itch King Immunity (3 ranks) - Reduces the effect of being spoiler'ed by Rash of the Itch King news and leaks by 5/10/15%.

Empowered Wikibrarian (5 ranks) - Enhances the efficiency of posting new blogs on the TWB wiki by 10/20/30/40/50%.

TIER FIVE TALENTS

Mage Blog Shoutouts! (1 rank) - Instant Cast, Your next mage blog shoutout does not consume mana, is instant cast, and generates a lot of traffic to the shoutout mage blog.

Ok, after 5 tiers, I've already run out of ideas for talents. But that's fine; there's enough talents out there to last TNB for plenty of weeks worth of blogcasts, so by the time they reach episode 30, they will be able to cast a mage blog shoutout to Lar, Zupa, Gnomegeddon, Spicy, Euripides, Nick, Aurdon and everyone else! Wow, we've got lots of mages in the blogosphere, eh?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post!

Yeah the mages are coming out of the closet... and we are bringing our talents with us!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the talents :) Now we just need some icons.... hmm... Also thanks for the congrats.. I hope we make it to many more milestones like this.

-Fimlys

Anonymous said...

That is beyond awesome! Totally full of win!

Thanks for the shoutout!

Anonymous said...

Woot! My OWN TALENT! Too bad I only have one point in Wikibrarian so far. :(

Krizzly, awesome stuff...can't wait to see the rest of the tree!

Welcome to my feed-reader. :D

Larísa said...

Krizzlybear, I was just chocked to hear that my blog post had made it all the way into the TN. And how sweet of you to congratulate me this way, I just don't know what to say. It means so much to me that you have no idea. My mana reservoir is just flowing over.

Actually I was quite proud of that very post, I thought I for once wasn't just rambling incoherently, but that I actually had something to say. But I hardly got any respons at all, very few comments, no linking... and I thought: oh, well... never mind. I'll never break through, maybe it's just that I'm blogging in a foreign language, there's something missing.

And then this happened! So now I'll try to leave the stupid habit of looking down on myself and just enjoy it when the spotlights happen to stumble over The Pink Pigtail Inn. Sooner or later it will happen if we just keep blogging patiently, day after day.
And I'm absolutely convinced it will happen to this blog shortly, you're such a great addition to the mage blogs, really!

If nothing else, they should really aknowledge your lovely tree.

/hug

Larísa (with just a few moments by a pc today, I'll surely be back in a few days when I've worked my way a bit longer through the catching-up- of the last week....)

Larísa said...

Yep! I was dead right! You did it into the Twisted Nether Blogcast number 11. Congratulations! Very well deserved!

krizzlybear said...

My goodness, Lar, you were right! Now I'm the one who's embarrassed!